Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

TAGGED - 10 Things that Make Me Happy

Wee Rhona of Acting the Maggot, has tagged me and I must say I'm more than a little excited!  I feel like a chosen one and I'm up for the challenge...so here goes...

10 things that make me happy:

1. Singing and dancing with my kids...only in the privacy and security of our own home (or car) so we can really go nuts...that makes me crazy happy.

2. Alone time...something I very, very rarely get these days which makes it even more precious...having a whole day to do whatever I please makes me peacefully happy.

3.  Creating something...anything...whether it be a wedding dress, Santa Sack, a knitting/crochet project, cross stitch, beading, jewellery...if I made it with my own hands I am proudly happy.

4.  Weddings...if I could be anything I wanted to be when I grow up, I'd be a wedding planner/designer...anything weddingy makes me emotionally happy.

5. Winter...yep, really...I love Winter and Winter makes me happy.  No sweaty days, no stinking heat, no baring body bits I'd rather keep covered, no swimming.  Cold weather, hot drinks, red wine, flanny pj's and slippers makes me cosily happy.

6. Amazing views...anywhere with a gorgeous vista that just makes me want to say "Oh my God" over and over again makes me joyously happy.

7. Eating out...I love everything about eating out...dressing up, not cooking, choosing from the menu, being waited upon, not having to clean up...that makes me thankfully happy.

8. Rain...the sound, the smell, the cooling breeze...I love watching the weather radar, particularly if it's a storm...it makes me excitedly happy.

9.  A good walk...I'm usually not one for exercise, but on the off chance that I do actually get my butt into gear and get my walking shoes on and myself out the door, I love a long, invigorating walk...especially along the waterfront or through parklands...afterward I feel physically happy.

10. My computer...without my computer I would not have Twitter, blogging, Facebook, e-mail and Photoshop...on all of which I spend way too much time...but all of which make me exceedingly happy.

11.  I know I'm only meant to do 10 but this one is the most important so deserves an extra spot...my husband and my two children make me happier than I thought possible...they make my heart and soul happy.




And now I have to tag 10 people to blog their 10 'happy' things...
(ooo so much power)
I choose.....

Michelle D Evans
A Kick to the Neck
Lifeslightlyused's Blog
life and other crises
MUMMY MAYHEM
Mummy Pig's Life
So Now What?
The Sharpest Pencil
Under The Yardarm
Waffling Along


GO!!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I've been tagged. This isn't one of those you have five seconds to play before your computer will self destruct type things is it ? I will be happy to play, but I might be a few days late. Thanks for the tag :) By the way, I'm a view and winter gal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ok you'll have to wait until Thursday though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a few things on your list that are now on mine! Thanks for the challenge lovie! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list Thea! You are all inspiring me to do much the same! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.