Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Angels

I'm having a bit of trouble.  I've had the idea that I want to blog about angels for the past couple of days but the words just won't come out.  The other night on Twitter @LizK_is  asked me to one day tell her why angels are special to me, and as I knew there was no way I could express that in a tweet, I thought I could blog about it.  But here I am, trying to blog about it and have been for days.  Why won't the words come out?

I want to talk about all sorts of things like the books I've read and movies I've seen about angels...and the few times that I've felt angels were present...and the way the word 'angel' kept popping into my head every time I tried to think of a name for baby no.2...and why my Twitter name is @mumto2angels...and how I believe there are angels in heaven and Earth Angels...but I just can't get it out without sounding like a six year old little girl who believes in fairies and princesses and angels.

But perhaps that's it.  Words just don't sufficiently express what I feel and believe.  Angels resonate with me and you can believe in something without physical evidence and factual knowledge...according to my understanding, that is faith.  And I have faith in angels and a power/force greater than us, I call 'it' God but there are so many other words that are just as good as God.  I don't need proof, I just know.  Sometimes we have to be as trusting and innocent as a six year old child to have true faith.



(This blog post is dedicated to J)

12 comments:

  1. J will love this! These past two weeks have proved there are angels among us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that angels have wrapped their wings around me many times when i was extremely unwell, I could feel their strength helping me get better when doctors failed. When no more hope was given I suddenly felt the extra strength I needed and it was not my own.

    Trying to explain that moment to non believers was interesting but to this day I feel my angels when all things seem lost.

    I believe in angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have your own guardian angel watching over you. I'd like to believe in a higher being of some sort, but I'm still waiting for something or someone to speak to me (and I don't mean actually speak to me, but rather draw me to it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a beautiful post, often these types of feelings are difficult to explain.

    I called my first born Angela - meaning Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for explaining Thea :) It's not easy to put reasons/feeling like this into words and you've done well :) Why I asked is a blog unto itself lol

    LizK_is

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had friends who've seen angels - like here one minute and not the next. I hope I have a visitation one day - I reckon that would be cool. But until then I'll just enjoy that fact that we are surrounded by angels sent from God... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful Thea - couldn't have put it better myself :)*hugs* for well written post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe in angels. I also believe in guardian angels...something to guide us through life. I just love the notion of that. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post, Thea. I believe in angels and a higher power, but never been able to explain why either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really beautiful post, Thea. I believe in angels. My father does too. He's had things happen that he can't find any other explanation for, other than angels must have been at work.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to ask you for a huge favour - is there any way you could tell me more about what you know/believe? I really feel lost at the moment and have been raised in a way that has left me believing in nothing right now - looking for hope I guess, and reading all the comments and seeing that so many people have it belief and hope and not knowing where to find any...blah...I blather. sorry hon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post Thea. I believe in spirits I guess... ghosts, angels... call them what you will. I think some people are more tuned in to them than others. I have seen and felt both good and bad spirits. I also believe in bad spirits. I have said no to living in some houses due to this, and I find it hard to visit some historical sites, as well as some indigenous sites. For me it's not God, I have difficulty with the one god thing (and not enough space in a comment section to explain this) ... I don't know what it is really... but I know they are there.

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.