Probably, but I do anyway...
Just for today I feel like such a snob because I had a message on Facebook this morning from someone who did go to the reunion that I would have actually liked to catch up with. I didn't realize he went, he wasn't in any of the photos that I saw. He went with another school friend and said he wished I was there. These friends happened to be the two top TE scorers of my year...990 and 985 (TE score = tertiary entrance score and 990 was the highest possible score). The friend that contacted me is now a Neurosurgeon. I replied and asked, "How bad was it?", the reunion that is. He replied to me this afternoon (before he flies to Paris tomorrow) that...
- he knew it would be full of low points but hoped there would be a high point or two...there were none
- between them they knew ten people
- there was some serious obesity going down...and drinking
- and they eventually slunk out
He learned that...
- thirty people are dead from our year so far
- we are in the ten most violent schools in Australia
- (the only thing that made it for him) the Arnott's biscuit tamperer went to our school!!!!!!
I'm feeling pretty superior right now...sorry, I can't help it! I know it's bad but just let me wallow in it for a little while. I'll get over myself tomorrow, promise!
So now that I have posted three times (post 1 & post 2) about the same reunion (that I didn't even go to) maybe I can let sleeping dogs lie.
Yes, I hope so, too!!