Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolutions for 2011

Every year I tell myself I'm not bothering with stoopid resolutions that won't happen anyway.
And every year I get to the last day of the year (yep, that's today) and I feel I have to!
So here I sit, feeling compelled to write some resolutions that I'm hoping I can will into reality.

Before I begin, let's see how I went with last year's resolutions. Here's my post, and here is the list...

1. Get to the top of the mountain that beat me this year.
2. Help in my son's classroom at least once a week.
3. Get back into crafty things, especially sewing.
4. Look into doing some relief teaching, and maybe actually do some.
5. Lose 5kgs (fingers very tightly crossed for this one).
6. Read more.
7. Get glasses so I can see, to be able to read more!
8. Go on a family holiday.
9. Go on at least two dates with my husband (child free of course).
10. Have at least one child free, overnight date.

Oh wow, I didn't do too badly!

1. I didn't get to the top of the mountain, I'm so unfit now I think I would die trying!
2. I did help once a week in the classroom, sometimes twice.
3. I did get back into crafty things, I even started an online shop.
4. I did look into relief teaching and worked two days.
5. I didn't lose any weight, I gained some :(
6. I did read more. And I loved being able to tweet the authors as I was reading their books.
7. I did get glasses, and now I see!
8. We did go on a family holiday for 7 days at Cooloongatta.
9. I did go on 2 dates with my husband (child free of course!)
10. We didn't get any child free overnight dates.

That's 7/10, not bad!

This year I don't have as many resolutions.
Just a few important ones.

1. Fitness. I will walk for at least an hour at least once a week.
2. Weight. I will be under 60kgs by this time next year.
3. Work. I will put my name on the relief teaching list for 2 days a week and ask for short term contract work.
4. Family. I will be calmer and more patient with everyone.

Right-O, that's it, just four.
Wish me luck!
 
Oh and I'm going to add one pie-in-the-sky dream resolution...
 
5. Home. We will buy a block of land out of town, sell this house that is hell-bent on breaking my husband and begin building a brand new home.
 
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12 comments:

  1. Thea, you should start the C25K with me on Monday, we can tweet our progress to keep each other going =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort with your resolutions for 2010. I'm sure you will smash them all in 2011.

    (((( Hugs ))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Well done! You did pretty well with your resolutions.

    Even if you only walk for half an hour 4-5 times a week, that makes ALL the difference. 30 minutes zooms by so quickly.

    Oh, and love your Polly's NYE party outfit. Nice!

    Looking forward to more of your blog next year, Thea. Yours is one of my all time FAVE reads.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your resolutions, Thea, and you've done so well this year - great accomplishments.

    Your resolutions are attainable, measurable and worthwhile. I hope that they all work out.

    Jodi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE!!!! would you dump your kids here and go for an over nighter?!!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you did really well! I've just done a similar post and I only managed to achieve three out of eight of my resolutions from last year. I don't even want to know what percentage that is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year - hope 2011 is wonderful and all your wishes come true :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list Thea, and you did so many of the items on the list!

    I wasn't going to do a list out of laziness, but I think it would be cool to look back at it on 31 December 2011 and see what I accomplished--like you have done here.

    Wishing you all the best in the coming year. Looking forward to reading all about it!

    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back BABY!

    Geez Louise you did really well on this years resolutions! I need you to help me with mine this year! Good luck on your resolutions for 2011. May 2011 bring everything you hope and dreamed of! taryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thea, you did good. Very good. And next year will know no bounds.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. 7/10 is great! Good work madam!
    I only have one resolution for next year. Unfortunately it may be out of my control. Fingers crossed though xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. 7/10 is great! Good work madam!
    I only have one resolution for next year. Unfortunately it may be out of my control. Fingers crossed though xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.