|Amazing, isn't it?|
This reminded me a little of Holkham Hall, whose's estate I was fortunate enough to drive through on a visit to England.
With my love of castles and grand houses, it got me thinking...
I am going to do a little research (i.e. do some Google searches) and come up with a list of houses/halls/castles/palaces that are open to the public and I would love to see, if I ever get back to England.
A bucket list of grand designs, as it were.
So, as I start saving my
pennies, dollars, mega bucks...enjoy my list.
And please let me know if you know of any I should add to it.
1. Chatsworth House - see above.
2. Holkham Hall - see above.
3. Althorp Estate...of course!
4. Sandringham House - the Queen's winter residence.
5. Apsley House - this was the Duke of Wellington's London home.
7. Penrhyn Castle - in Wales.
9. Longleat House - this would be fun for the kids as well!
10. Hatfield House.
11. Montacute House.
12. Blenheim Palace - the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
13. Windsor Castle - one of the Queen's residences.
14. Buckingham Palace
15. Palace of Holyroodhouse - the Queen's residence in Edinburgh.
16. Kensington Palace - I have been inside KP, but I would love to go again and take some pics!
17. Frogmore House - where Queen Victoria & Prince Albert are buried.
18. Hardwick Hall
19. Castle Howard
20. Hampton Court Palace
|A Great British Heritage Pass|