Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Something Old...Something New

My love of weddings, wedding gowns, anything weddingy (it's a word now!) is no secret.

My dream job is a wedding planner or wedding co-ordinator. What's the diff? I don't know.

So when I stumbled upon this story tonight...I was...and still am...stunned.

In a good way. In a very good way!

I don't usually see 'news' pages...but my husband was shocked at the image of Warnie (click on the link...go on...the headline at the very least is worth it) that he saw whilst he was catching up on the 'news' pages...which he always reads so I checked it out, too.

And while I was there, I happened to see a wedding dress.
I simply cannot go past a wedding dress, so I simply had to click on the link.

This is what I found.
Amazing.
Stunning.
I've heard of wearing your mother's wedding dress, but this...

This is the most fabulous wedding dress story I have ever heard!

Just click here right now and I'll stop banging on about it.

See?
Amazing?
Right?

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How beautifully romantic. I had a tear or two reading that story, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is amazing, what a beautiful dress and to have lasted so long without deteriorating is amazing. She certainly looked beautiful, as did all those that wore it before her. Thanks for finding and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that not gorgeous or what.I would be so honored lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a gorgeous story? I read it earlier today while getting my daily gossip fix. And hello? 65 days until my wedding! OMG! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous family heirloom. I am so impressed that all of these women have taken such incredible care of this gown for SO MANY YEARS. It amazes me! A gorgeous story Thea, I thoroughly enjoyed it :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be amazing - my daughter's gown is new ... wonder if she could/would start a tradition like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a wedding dress. Absolutely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, Liz is with Warnie??? Strange things are happening in the universe I tells ya.
    Beautiful wedding dress story! What an amazing dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sniff* That is just beautiful. I still have my wedding dress and three little girls so am hopeful of starting a tradition myself.

    And I always wanted to be a wedding planner too. I LOVE a good wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love wedding dress stories, thanks for sharing. I wrote my honours thesis for my marketing degree about how brides choose their wedding dress. Yes, seriously. I really do love wedding dress stories, especially these sorts. I wonder what she did for new, borrowed and blue - the bar was set pretty high with the old!

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.