Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

The 52 Week Project

Every week I'll be linking with @mymummydaze and her "52 Week Project".

She says...

No, this isn’t a diet or exercise regime. It’s not a responsible financial system or an abstinence program. It’s not even a relationship-building sex challenge (although that does sound fun). Although I’m sure I could benefit from all of these year-long challenges, this is much simpler with no great philosophy or life-changing aims underpinning it. It’s a weekly photography self-portrait challenge.

This week I tried to get a little artistic and take a photo of myself with a gorgeous jacaranda tree in the background.
The jacaranda is way more blurred than I had inteneded...but it's there.


I adore jacarandas.
We have only one in our yard, and I think it may be dead :(
There is no sign of life and all the others are blooming.
Our town is full of them, much to my delight.
From our front patio, I can count 40.
Next week I'm going on a 'jacaranda walk' to snap some purply goodness.

I'm linking this post with My Mummy Daze.


Click on the button to join in.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic pic, even if the jacaranda tree is way to blurry. x

    You have been 'Tagged' in my 10 Things about me you probably don't want to know post. Now its your turn to fess up... ...
    http://www.janedavid99.com/2011/10/10-things-you-dont-want-to-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, jacarandas bring back so many memories for me. There was one in the house next door to my grandparents when I was growing up... Reminds me of warm weather and Adelaide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the angle - it's a fun photo! I can't wait to see the jacaranda walk shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely photo. I love the angle that you are looking at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jacarandas are glorious trees, my parents have one in their yard and it's been there as long as I can remember. I used to love the lush purple carpet the petals would leave on the grass below, so pretty. I do love spotting them throughout the neighbourhood also, they stand out so beautifully with all those blooms.
    A lovely shot of you too Thea :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. better the tree be blurred than you!

    I think we have a few jacaranda around locally, although not in our street as they pulled anything of nature down to build the houses. I think there was one tree left in this street when we moved in. We are trying to change that, but it is going to take some time.

    It is a lovely picture of you, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this photo!

    I love this time of year for Jacarandas too.

    I think I remember once seeing a festival for the jacarandas maybe up Armidale way. A girl even got crowned Princess Jacaranda each year...

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.