Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Angelic Sleeping 4 Year Old

As I checked on my sleeping 4 year old baby girl tonight, my heart skipped a beat, as it often does.
I have a million and one thoughts rushing through my head as I gaze at her angelic face.
I wish so many things for her.
I have so many hopes.
I pray that she will come to no harm.
And I wonder...
Did my Grandmother think the same things as she gazed upon my sleeping 4 year old mother?
Did my Great-Grandmother think the same things as she gazed upon my sleeping 4 year old grandmother?
Did my mother think the same things as she gazed up my sleeping 4 year old face?
I'm guessing they probably did.

1 comment:

  1. My heart skips that same beat watching my boys asleep Thea, I get this totally. I have no doubt our Mama's and Grand mama's also felt the same way. I've been on holi's for a few days, so looking forward to catching up on your posts I've missed :o) xo

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.