Perhaps I should start calling my blog "Thea's Blists"
Why I Hate Summer in Queensland
1. I can't drink coffee without practically sweating into it.
2. Just sweating in general....hate it.
3. My kids are up with the birds at dawn, in Summer that's 4am. And if the kids have been up since 4am, I'm going to be worn out and wanting them in bed by 7pm, BUT it's still hot and light and they're probably still playing outside.
4. I have to expose parts of my body that I'm happy to keep hidden during Winter.
5. I fear that I and my two children will be shrivelled up and burnt to a crisp if we are exposed to sunlight between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
6. My kids are not big enough to go into the pool or beach by themselves yet, that means I have to get in, too...in togs!
7. I may as well live in the fridge because if a room/car/shop/sidewalk/park/playground/restaurant/you-get the-idea is not air-conditioned, I don't want to be there.
8. When I'm getting ready to go out (not that that happens often), after blow-drying my hair, I'm as wet as I was in the shower.
9. It's almost too hot to drink red wine.
10. It lasts for nearly six months.