A delightful child...
- has a special friend called "Little Po" who is a pillow but is also the 5th member of our family
- says things like, "Mummy, will you still be my Mummy when we are both in Heaven?"
- loves to help wash Daddy's car
- holds your hand and won't let go, especially in crowded places
- laughs A LOT
- has an amazing imagination and tells all kinds of wondrous tales
- sets up a tea party with a place set especially for you
- has a huge thirst for knowledge and loves learning new things
- kisses you better when you hurt yourself
- says the cutest things
- can make you laugh until you cry
- loves their cousins and grandparents so much they do a happy dance when they hear they're coming to visit
- gives you the best cuddles in the world
- runs to get your shoes for you when you're about to go out
- just has to look at you with their big brown/blue/green/hazel/grey eyes and your heart melts
Are all children 'delightful' children? Well of course they are! I have my own children, I have many nieces and nephews and over a period of 13 years I taught over 500 children. I never met one that didn't have something to love about them...well, maybe there was just one!
Does everyone get a delightful child? Or are they just reserved for the lucky ones? I know I am a lucky one...I have two...how about you??