I like this award because versatile is what would like my blog to be. I try to post a little bit of lots of different things so you never know what you're gonna get (it's the Forrest Gump in me).
The Rules for the award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. Thanks so much Shelly!
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
I've shared so much already I feel everyone must know everything about me by now.
So here are 7 things I remember doing growing up on a farm.
- We used to chase chickens and try to catch them by their tail feathers (which is scary because squawky, flappy chickens are pretty imposing!).
- We did try to ride calves but that was always unsuccessful.
- We would step in fresh cow dodo, on purpose! (To shock our city cousins, it's very warm you know.)
- We used to get tiny calves to suck our fingers to teach them to drink from a bucket. Their tongues are very rough and your hand comes out very slimy!!
- We loved building cubby houses in the hay shed, and we'd always come home with scratches all over us from the spiky hay.
- On hot days we'd put on our togs and run under the walking irrigator's spray. It came out with such force that it stung when it hit our backs.
- I was the only one with my Dad when he was bitten by a snake. It was probably a green tree snake (non-venomous). We didn't see it because he put his hand around a corner to turn off a tap. But I had to run home to tell Mum to call the doctor. That probably added to my ophidiophobia.
This is the really hard bit!
It says 'recently discovered' so I'll go with some I've just started following and old favourites that are versatile because they do a bit of everything too...
Michelle from Michelle Dennis Evans
Ali from Mummahh
Melissa from The Things I'd Tell You
Louise from Buttons by Lou Lou
Jodie from Mummy Mayhem Mummy Mayhem's Family Movie Reviews & Mummy Mayhem's Recipe Box (That's versatile!)
Melissa from Suger Coat It
Rianna from Last Doll Standing
Lori from Random Ramblings Of a Stay at Home Mum
Lindsay from Just My Blog
Lucy from Diminishing Lucy
Sarah from Just Me
Madmother from Meaningless Meandering from a Madmother
Sass from Secret Life Of Sass & Lex
Naomi from Under the Yardarm
Taryn from Taryn Rucci
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
If you're on Twitter I'll drop you a tweet, if not I'll be visiting your blog.