Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Session


On Sundays I pop two favourite songs onto my blog.
An oldie but a goldie.
And a newbie, fresh from the charts, or fresh from the past five years.
But I often break these rules, you can too of course!
Here are my picks for this week.
You can play along by linking up below.
And grab the button on the side bar if you want.
Can't wait to hear your picks.

Happy Sunday!

I'm playing karaoke this week!
You can too, but you don't have to!
I've only ever done it...karaoke that is...twice.
I was liberally enabled by liquid fortitude both times!!
And...I had help...both times.
One was a duet with a boyfriend's friend.
The other was with four or five college friends.

I cannot even remember the song I sang with my friends.
But the duet was this fabulous oldie...
(I picked the one with lyrics so you can sing along...go on!)
((Please excuse the grammatical errors...I didn't type it...OK?))



You have to really love the song to get passionate enough to get up there, right? So the new song I'd sing...if was being totally brave and I was suitably *relaxed* with some friends joining me...would be this one...
Who's up??
(Again...lyrics...sing...GO!)



What about you?
Ever done it?
Would you do it again??

6 comments:

  1. I haven't joined in with a karaoke session for years. I must do it sometime with the kids on the wii.


    I just wanted to let you know that I have changed Sunday Song and have started up a weekend linky party where you can link up posts about your favourite Pinterest pins for the week, your favourite music or even a bit of both! It's Called Pinning and Singing on the Weekend and I'd so love to see you there!

    Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing is not one of my talents... at all. I've attempted karaoke twice, and was abysmal both times. I think copious amounts of alcohol will be needed to get me to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done karaoke. I'm just way too scared/shy because I'd be channelling Cameron Diaz in My Best Friend's Wedding. Even my son often says "Mummy don't sing." Clearly my maternal health nurse LIED - she said all kids love the sound of their parents' singing voices... How to get over this fear? Or improve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to one-up your Rod Stewart tweets from earlier this week and break it to you that I HATE Coldplay. Can't see what the fuss is.
    Am going to listen now and see if you can convert me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done karaoke at an event, only at my sister's house. But I have sung in bands and at a wedding, and on Playstation. And I sang a duet with a friend for his record about 20 years ago. And I always sing with the kids at school, and I love to sing in the car, and at church. And I have been known to sing in the shower.Probably since birth. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally join you with Coldplay...I love that song, and your other choice is so familiar to this child of the 70's and 80's. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.