Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sunday Session


New rules - there are no rules!
On Sundays I play music on my blog.
Old or new or in between.
Related or not.
But always songs I love!
Here are my picks for this week.
You can play along by linking up below.
Can't wait to hear your picks.

Happy Sunday!

A song that often pops up on my treadmill play list is this one...



And every time I hear the line...

Ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio

I think to myself...

I must listen to Mr. Mister again

...but I always forget to.

Until now!

Mr. Mister was a hot favourite of mine when I was in high school.
I had this album


and LOVED it!

They were probably most well known for "Broken Wings",
but this was my favourite Mr. Mister song.



6 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the clip for Hey Soul Sister before. I think it makes the song even better! As for Mr Mister, I had (still have) that album and played it to death when I was about 16. I still love that song, his voice is so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE both your choices today!! I loved Hey Soul Sister the first time I heard it and had that on replay over and over again! I think my kids got sick of it. And I think Broken Wings has got to be one of Mister Mister's greatest hits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never heard of Mr Mister!! a little before my time I think!
    Very 80's! I think its fabby!

    Great choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great choices! I love both those songs and Broken Wings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I had no idea I who you were talking about (Mr, Mister Who?) but when I heard the songs I suddenly remembered adoring them as a kid.
    Seems I was fan and didn't even know it.
    Thanks for jogging my memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great songs Thea! love the folky feel of the Train song, and I was also a big fan of Mr. Mister back when they were big. I had the cassette (what's that? ;) when I was a young 'un.

    ReplyDelete

Just one little comment will make my day.